- 1 strip dried seaweed
- 4 tbsp Dead Sea mud
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 cup green tea, cooled
- 2 drops each essential oils of rosemary and cedarwood
In a large bowl, crumble the seaweed into the mud. Stir in the honey, oil, and enough green tea to make a firm paste. Drop in the essential oils. Plaster over the scalp and dry hair.
Pile hair on top of the head, place a plastic bag over the scalp and wrap in warm towels. Relax for 20 minutes. Rinse and shampoo. (Omit rosemary oil if you have epilepsy.)
The antiseptic fatty acids in coconut oil help it to fight fungal and bacterial infections in the skin. Our skin has a chemical barrier that is promoted by sweat and sebum. This barrier is lost once we have had a bath using soap. Coconut oil strengthens this chemical barrier and hence is useful in fighting skin infections.
Coconut oil is an excellent remedy for dry and damaged hair. Excessive cosmetic procedures like blow drying, bleaching, coloring, and natural conditions like the dry autumn winds or long exposure to glaring Sun damage the cuticle of hair. The result is dry, weak hair with split ends. Coconut oil acts as an excellent conditioner and can be pokies australia used to restore the lost moisture of one”s hair. It also conditions the scalp as it makes the hair soft.
Coconut oil does have some effect as far as lowering cholesterol is concerned. One of the prime factors why coconut oil is able to control cholesterol levels is its ability to stimulate thyroid function. When the body contains sufficient quantities of thyroid hormone, the excess cholesterol is converted into various hormones using enzymatic processes.
Perhaps no single act causes such strong emotions as the act of child sexual abuse. Child
molesters cannot even find refuge in prisons where rapists and murderers are commonplace. These offenders are shunned in every aspect of our society, yet there is no consensus as to the causes of this behavior.Sexual abuse of children is not new, and has not always been socially taboo. The ancient Greeks and Romans used children for sexual gratification(Langevin, 1983). In Greece, it was commonplace for adolescent males to be forced into sexual relationships with mature males. This behavior was normal and not objected to by the child’s parents nor the Greek government(Langevin, 1983). The Romans encouraged adolescent boys and girls not to protest
being sold into prostitution. The Roman government even went so far as to declare a public holiday honoring young prostitutes(Kahr, 1991).
Sex with children in the modern era is alive and well, the power of an older person is so great that their young victims often never tell of the horrors that they have endured. There is also a pedophile enhancement movement, with confessed pedophiles insisting that their behavior is not wrong or immoral. Organizations dedicated to the social acceptance of sex with children are not new, yet have had a large upstart in membership since the early 1970′s(Charon, 1979).
Because of the extreme sensitivity of the subject, research in this field is quite underdeveloped.
Researchers have even had trouble in agreeing what to call the phenomenon. Much research on the victims has dubbed the act as child sexual abuse, most research on the offenders has labeled it as child molesting or pedophilia. The term pedophilia has some utility since it suggests a predisposition for the act separate from the act itself. The ambiguity of this term however, is what causes confusion. Pedophilia can mean child sexual abuse ranging from an arousal to children with no or little action, to sexual penetration of the child. For the purposes of this paper the terms pedophilia, child sexual abuse, and child molestation will be used interchangeably.
CLASSIFICATION OF PEDOPHILES
Pedophile classification is a hotly debated topic that varies significantly in it’s origins. There are a few standards however, pedophiles can be separated by those who sexually abuse members of there own family or step-families, and those who abuse non-family members(Langevin, 1983). Even this simple distinction is not always accurate though, often familial offenders have
Conditioned Response Theorypreviously offended non-family members(Hunter, 1990). Some common causes of pedophilia have found much popular and scholarly support, and these etiologies can give a general profile of some of the origins of child sexual abuse. While the names of these etiologies vary greatly, the descriptions of each remain essentially intact.
Some researchers have maintained that the pedophile becomes conditioned to respond to young, sexually under-developed bodies. It has been suggested that boys begin masturbating to fantasies that involve sexually immature bodies, and then become so conditioned to these images that they need them to create sexual gratification(McGuire, Carlisle, & Young, 1965). Garland and Dougher(1990) theorized two reasons for this behavior leading to the development of and (2) through memory distortions that have occur with the passage of time, the child or adolescent who was sexually victimized by an adult developed a fantasy that places him or her in the role of the aggressor rather than in the role of the victim. As a result of this recurrent fantasy, he or she then becomes sexually conditioned to respond to children.
Learned behavior closely resembles the conditioned response theory. Pedophilia as a learned behavior is due to sexual abuse of the abuser as a child. The pedophile then begins to imitate this behavior later in life(Groth, Hobson, and Gary, 1982).
Social skills that have been underdeveloped or dysfunctional social skills have been suggested as a possible explanation for pedophilia, especially relating to persons of the opposite sex. Segal and Marshall(1985) compared rapists, child molesters, non-sexual offenders, and two control groups on social skill ability. The researchers based their social skill ratings based on taped conversations with females and found that all offender groups were less socially competent than the control groups. The child molesters were less skilled at predicting and evaluating their own performance in heterosexual situations. Interacting with children may give the pedophile a feeling of control and reduce anxiety(Langevin, 1983).
Pedophilia has often been linked with previous emotional, physical, or sexual trauma. This trauma becomes so painful that it results in underdevelopment or a stifling of future development(Groth, Hobson, and Gary,1982). According to this line of reasoning this underdevelopment will not allow a person to mature emotionally as his or her body matures. The pedophile is the emotional equivalent of a child, and thus depends on them and begins to view them as sexual objects as well(Langevin, 1983). Using children in a sexual manner to cope with anxiety is reinforced and becomes a normal behavior pattern.
Pedophilia as an Addiction
Pedophilia as an addiction is a fairly new way of examining this type of behavior. In the early 1980′s researchers began to ask questions about pedophiliacs’ behavior and found that parallels could be drawn between this and other addictive behaviors. Patrick Carnes(1983) developed a model of sexual addiction to explain the behaviors of sexual abusers. Carnes suggested that molestation of children is a sexual addiction. He stated that the addict moves through a four-stage process, with each step becoming more addictive.
Preoccupation is the first stage in Carnes’ model. The addict is unable to think about anything else except sex. The addict begins to seek experiences to satisfy their desires. Ritualization is the second stage, in which the addict will engage in specific behaviors that culminate in sexually acting out behaviors. Compulsive behavior is the third stage, which is the sex act. The fourth and final stage is despair. This is when the addict realizes that there is a lack of control over the compulsive behaviors.
Carnes suggested three separate levels of addiction within this model. Level one addicts are associated with pornography, compulsive masturbation, repeatedly engaging in purely sexual relationships with no other meaning, and prostitution. Level two behaviors include illegal sexual acts with another person being victimized emotionally, but not physically(exhibition, voyeurism). Level three behavior includes rape, incest, and pedophiliac behavior.
The feminist theory argues that children are easy targets for sexual abuse by mature males because of the emphasis that our society puts on the male being the dominant, powerful, and controlling partner in intimate relationships(Hite, 1981). Males, on the other hand tend to search out sexual partners who are “younger, smaller, and weaker than themselves”(Finkelhor and Araji, 1986, p. 149).
Child pornography and advertising have been targeted by some feminists as having a role in the onset of pedophilia(Rush, 1980). The reasoning for these beliefs are based on the assumption that viewing pornography eroticizes children, and teaches adolescents to become aroused by children.
Pedophilia within the family, or incest is usually found in families where the family unit is rigid and lacking any guidelines or boundaries(Will, 1983). Families in which incest occurs are both physically and socially isolated from the community in which they live. Family members depend only on one another for their needs and rarely seek outside assistance for anything. Frequently the child is forced to grow up quickly and assume the role of caretaker within the family. This caretaking role is then pushed beyond conventional limits to include the physical needs of an adult within the family. The needs of the child are given very little recognition by the parents.
Families have been classified into two general types of units in which incest is more likely to occur. These include the “Chaotic family” and the “normal-appearing” family(Kempe and Kempe, 1984). The chaotic family is typically of low socioeconomic status; is dysfunctional in that the family members have histories of substance abuse, incarceration, violence, and most members have very little or no education. Children raised within family units such as this are more likely to become targets of interfamilial sexual abuse.
The “normal-appearing ” family gives off the impression that everything is perfectly normal. Frequently the parents have been married for years, are financially secure, and have established roles within the community(Kempe & Kempe, 1984). Incestuous parents in this type of family are often unable to care for their children our themselves, either emotionally or physically. They are usually quite needy and turn to their children to fulfill those needs. Incest in this type of family is especially troublesome since even if it is reported, a conviction is unlikely without solid physical proof. The adult is an fine upstanding member of the community in their eyes. Often the authorities will side with the adult and punish the child for these attempts to bring pain upon their parents(Kempe & Kempe, 1984).
In both the “chaotic” and the “normal-appearing” families, incest is often carried on from one generation to another. This phenomenon has been dubbed the intergenerational transmission of incest(Kempe & Kempe, 1984).
Are you looking for acne solutions that really work? The good news is, whether you’re a teenager or an adult suffering from acne, you don’t have to live with it. Here you can find 10 super easy and effective ways to get rid of acne.
1. Do not pick, press or rub your pimples. These actions actually increase the sebum production and rupture the membranes below your skin. The infection and sebum will spread underneath your skin and cause more pimples. Also, you risk increasing the chances of leaving scars on your face.
2. Wash your face twice a day using a mild soup. It is even better if you can buy sulfur-based soap especially for acne. If your skin is too oily, use a soap with benzoyl peroxide. Do not use rough sponges, brushes, or anything similar on your face. You shouldn’t, however, over-wash your face because it will actually stimulate your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum which will increase your acne.
3. Check if it is because of the food. For many people, food allergy can cause very serious acne condition. You should avoid eating too much oily and spicy food. Recent studies have shown that acne can also be caused by milk which contains hormones as well as seafood with relatively high levels of iodine. If possible, cut down on those foods. Other foods you may consider avoiding are: sugar, dairy products, deep-fried food, meat, nut butters, etc. On the otherhand, it is believed that green vegetables, vegetable fuices and foods rich in zinc can help alleviate acne condition.
4. Drink more water every day. “Eight glasses of water a day can keep acne away.” says Jennifer Thoden, a respected acne expert. The reason is that water can carry waste material out of our body and it really helps heal and prevent acne flare-ups.
5. Do not wear makeup if possible. Makeup products can clog your pores, cause more blackheads and pimples. If you have to wear makeup, make sure it is water-based. Be sure to clean your makeup brushes regularly and cleanse your skin before you sleep.
6. Do not use oily products. Avoid products such as hair pomades, intense oil-based facial moisturizers, and oily cleansers.
7. Keep your face clean. Do not rest your chin on your hands or constantly touch your face. Regular shampoo your hair and keep it off your face, especially when you sleep.
8. Exercise moderately as it helps in blood circulation and eliminataion of toxins.
9. Stay stress-free. Studies have shown that stress not only worsens acne flare-up, it also worsens the overall skin condition. Talk to your friends, listen to your favorite music, or take a walk in the park. There are many things you can do to be stree free.
10. Get Sunshine and fresh air. Sunshine stimulates vitamin D in the body, an essential vitamin for healthy skin. Fresh air and sunshine can also reduce stress (tip #9) and increase oxygen to the skin. Don’t get burnt in the sun though. Burnt and heavily tanned skin forms a layer on the skin that doesn’t exfoliate quickly enough and can lead to blocked pores.
Visit Myacnetreatmentreview.com today and find honest http://www.myacnetreatmentreview.com/proactiv-solution/ as well as other useful acne information & also http://www.myarticlecentral.com/article6852.html
There are a host of diseases caused due to ageing. But consuming a pill each time for alleviating pain is not the only solution. Hence, natural or home remedies should be adopted. Read on and find out how.
Joint pain is a common problem all over the globe that leaves many people confined in home with unbearable pain. Also, it adds to the irritation and leaves the person suffering from extreme pain in the lurch. Referred as arthralgia, joint pain has become a common problem among men and women as they age. Prevalent in all parts of the globe, it is not a disease but a condition which starts giving unbearable pain as bones weakens. Joint pain may also be caused due to inflammation or by bursitis, inflammation of the bursae – a fluid called bursa that provides couching to the structure of the joint.
Treating joint pain with home remedies
- Applying ice pack on the affected area is a common therapy for treating joint pain.
- Warm bath is one of the highly helpful home remedies for joint pains.
- Although considered as old technique, massaging the affected area with any oil could be very effective as the heat from these oils enter into the joints, thus helping in relieving from joint pains.
- Juices rich in nutrients and vitamins (such as carrot juice) are the best sources of attaining energy and relieving joint pains.
- Drinking a cup of papaya seed tea every day six or seven times for two or three weeks helps to alleviate joint pain.
- Banana is also the recommended fruit that helps in treating joint pains, as it helps the body to regain the lost nutrients.
- Consumption of garlic cloves fried in butter is another effective treatment for pain relief
- Before going to bed at night, massaging warm vinegar on the affected area provides instant relief from joint pains.
- Consumption of warm milk with turmeric every night helps in healing and fighting against all body aches.
- Apple cider vinegar helps in relieving joint pains
- Carrot juice helps to make ligaments strong
- Rub the painful joints with hot vinegar before going to bed at night.
- Grate and soak potato over night. The water left after straining the grated potato could be drunk next morning, as it helps to fight pain.
- A mixture of camphor, methyl salicylate, eucalyptus oil and menthol could be used for aches and joint pains
- Besides, since exercises could help to prevent bone loose, simple exercises should be performed regularly. Also, exercises enhances flexibility and strengthens your bones.
- Besides, yoga asana such as Gomukhasana would help to abate the pain
- Additionally, application of alternate hot and cold compresses on the affected areas would give a relief from joint pains.
Besides all these, certain oils and rubs are also considered as very useful treatments for overcoming joint pains
- Olive Oil: In addition to proper medical treatments, one way to manage joint pain is to use olive oil in the food. Also, warm olive oil could be rubbed on the painful region.
- Camphor rubs: Camphor contains medical properties which help to reduce pain, spasms and inflammation. Also, it helps to promote tissue healing and stimulates local circulation. Thus, when camphor oil and sunflower oil when applied on the affected region would help to alleviate the pain.
Common Diseases in Poultry
- NEW CASTLE DISEASE (Virus)
- Loss of appetite
- Respiration distress
- Coughing & Sneezing
- Green diarrhea and mucus from eyes and nostrils
- **Paralysis in LAYERS there’ll be a rapid decline in egg production**
- Vaccination at 10-14 day will prevent an out break.
The vaccination is usually mixed with water and a drop of mixture, is place in the eye.
- SINA THE AGENT:
- Good sanitary measures can also prevent the spread.
- (NONE) all affected birds should be buried or burnt.
- There is NO CURE for this disease.
- FOWL POX (Virus)
- Pox appears all over body, visible on skin and comb on the head and un feathered parts.
- Loss of appetite in layers
- Drop in egg production
Control: Vaccination at 10-14 day will prevent this disease.
- IT IS GIVEN IN THE WING.
(how to cure pox viruses in chickens)