November 14, 2012 0 Comments
Grounds For Annulment
Non consummation of marriage.
- Undue, force being used to get couple to marry.
- Marriage between close relatives.
- One partner being underage (no parental consent) at time of marriage.
- One partner being mentally invalid or incapable.
When a couple decides to divorce, the following consideration must be taken in mind:
- Alimony payments
- Child custody
- Visitation rights
- Child support
Changes/reform in family law are:
- Extended rights of inherence to children out of wedlock and common-law wives(i.e. Barbados succession act)
- Abolished any legal distinction between legitimate and illegitimate children (i.e. Trinidad & Tobago status or children reform act).