Fat Soluble Vitamins
- 1. Vitamin A (Retinol) Sources = liver, eggs, fish and dairy products.
- Lack of vitamin A ( Causes night blindness)
- The yellow pigment (carotene), found in leafy vegetables and carrot can be turned into retinol.
- 2. Vitamin D (Cholecalciferol) Sources: Sun light, liver, oily fish, eggs.
- a. Lack of vitamin D can lead to (Rickets).
- b. Bone tends to bend when Vitamin D is not present.
- c. Vitamin D can be made by the body, just under the skin due to a lot of sunlight.
Water Soluble Vitamins
- Lack of vitamin B (Can affect respiration where H2o supply is needed).
- Polish rice or milled maze do not supply enough vitamin B
- 4. Vitamin C Sources: Citrus Fruits, cherries, orange
- Lack of vitamin C cause scurvy
- Production of fiber is affected