September 4, 2011 0 Comments
Disadvantages of impact printers(Simpler Answer)
- They are noisy
- They create noise when the pins or typeface strike the ribbon to the paper.
- The use of Sound dampening enclosures or covers become necessary in quiet environments.
- They have limited scope
- Difficult to adjust single sheet
- It becomes difficult to wind and align single-sheet papers.
- Doing it manually is time consuming.
- The other alternative is the use of unreliable sheet feeder.
- The paper jams when printing labels on release paper.
- It occurs when a print wire snags the leading edge of the label while printing at its very edge.
- Paper jams
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Disadvantages_of_impact_printers#ixzz1X1jrIiBK