– Tree or shrub: evergreen deciduous, 3 to 8 m up (10 m) high.
– Leaves: elliptic to oblong oblongoobovadas, 6 to 12 cm long and 2.5 to 5 cm wide, glabrous. Trunk / Branches Trunk branched near the base foul smell when crushed.Branches cylindrical, wrinkled, rough, reddish brown with numerous lenticels. Bark.External brown more or less smooth inner pink and tasteless.
– Flowers: solitary stem along sepals 3, ovate, less than 5 mm long; petals 6, 3 are ovate outer, free, thick, 2 to 3 cm long, 3 indoor thin and small . Flowers from October to January.
– Fruit: Resembling the cherimoya, soursop is like weighing between 2 and 4 kilos of 20-25 cm long and 10-12 cm in diameter of the shell is dark green, it turns green matte when ripe, and is covered with thorns the pulp is soft, usually white may be slightly yellowish, fleshy and juicy texture and taste the fruit acid markedly houses inside numerous black seeds that are easily detached. They should be harvested before mature fruits from December to April.
– Seeds: The seeds are obovoid, flattened from 15 to 20mm long with glossy dark testa. Seeds germinate after 30 to 60 days its kind of seed is Orthodox.
– Sexuality: Hermaphrodite presents protoginea female structures mature earlier than men, there is a period of 36 to 48 hours during which both structures are sexually mature. Chromosome number: 2n = 8, 14.
– Propagation: Reproduction asexual.1 root cuttings and stem cuttings Rhizome March 2 Grafting and budding sexual reproduction. Regeneration natural.2 1 Seed (seedlings).It is easily spread by direct sowing seeds 3
– Production of fruits leaves, wood, seeds: plants from seeds or cuttings go into production in the third year. The fruits often weighing up to 4 kg or more. In mountainous areas produce little fruit
- What’s New
- SBA Tips
- SBA Submit
- CSEC/CXC Pass Papers
- Ask A Question