What is Radiation
- Radition is an actom’s way of getting rid of its excess energy.
- Particulate Radiation comes mainly from radio active substances such as radium, uranium and other heavy elements as they break down.
- Radiation is Measured in curies and becquerels.
- Bacteria can stand a radiation dose 10,000 times greater than the dose that would kill a human being.
- The natural radioactivity of a brazil nut is about six becuquerels (0.000000014 curies), which means six atoms in the nut break up every second.