Political Terms And Meanings
- Authority – the right and power to enforce obedience and delegate power from a high office or position.
- Bill – a draft of a proposed act of parliament.
- Bi-cameral legislature – a parliament made up of two chambers or houses.
- Constituency – an electoral division in a country.
- Constitution – the written principles by which a state or group is governed.
- Electorate – all the persons in a constituency or country eligible to vote.
- Executive – the policy making and administrative arm or branch of government.
- Suffrage – the right to vote in political elections.