Graviola (Soursop) tea
Sour sop known to many as graviola or (spanish guanabana) has been know for ages for its medicinal uses and properties including treatment for sleep disorders, bedbugs, fevers, cough etc.
However recently there has been an increase in the demand for this graviola fruit due to its recently discovered medicinal value which some studies suggest that graviola may be used in the treatment/cure for cancer.
One of the question ask by many is, “how to make sour sop tea” using the sour sop leaves.
Here I will explain how it has been done traditional.
How to make Soursop Tea for Medicinal uses
1. Pick 2- 3 sour sop leaves from the sour sop tree (if you have access to one), Ensure that the leaves are not too mature. The mature leaves are normally deeper green in color. The idea is to get sour sop leaves that are in great shape
2. Add 1 cup of water in a small pot and bring it to a boil.
3. Cut the sour sop leaves into smaller pieces by tearing it apart; each leaf in three pieces.
4. Place the gravoila (sour sop) leaves in your tea cup (glass, cup) and pour the boiling water on it then cover for 30mins – 1 hour ( this process is commonly called drawing the tea).
5. Drink warm or cold – you may add sugar and milk for taste.