The Consequences of Migration
Consequences of Migration
(On Country of Destination)
Positive consequences of migration to country of (Destination)
New skills introduced
*New cultures introduced & integrated
- *The labor force may be more ready
Negative consequences of migration to country of (Destination)
- Exploitation of workers (under employment)
- Open violence against newly arrived who do not wish to integrate.
- Great stress is placed on the resources and social services of country.
(On Country of Origin)
Positive consequences of migration to country of (Origin)
- It provides a temporary solution to unemployment problems.
- Contributes to foreign exchange (when money is sent home).
- Brain drain (person with knowledge leaving the country e.g. doctor).
- Further unemployment as researchers who normally explore ventures migrate.
- No investment due to people with money leaving