Skip to content
- The smallest kind of star is called a neutron star.
- Small stars of low brightness are called white, red or black dwarves depending on thier colour.
- Red dwarves are bigger than the planet jupiter but smaller than our medium-sized star, the sun. they glow faintly, with 0.01% of the sun’s brightness.
- No red dwarf can be seen with the naked eye – not even the nearest star to the sun, the red dwarf Proxima Centauri.
- White dwarves are the largest stage in the life of a medium size star. although they are even smaller than red dwarves – no bigger than the earth – they contain same amount of matter as the sun.
- White dwarf Omicron-2 Eridani (also called 40 Eridani) is one of the few dwarf stars that can be seen from the Earth with the naked eye.
- Brown dwarves are very cool space objects, little bigger than jupiter.
- Black dwarves are very small , cold , dead stars.