How Movement Occur
Movement occurs when a muscle contracts and pulls on a bone and another muscle relaxes to allow a bone to move.
The Six Types of Body Movements
- 1. Flexion – is a bend that decrease angle at two bones.
- 2. Extension – is a movement which straightens there by increasing the angle at a joint (opposite of flexion).
- 3. Rotation – is a movement where the bone is moved around the central axis.
- 4. Abduction – is the movement of a bone away from the center line of the body.
- 5. Adduction – is the movement of a bone towards the center line of the body
- 6. Circumduction – this is all five movements done (possible at the shoulder when we move our arm in a circle.
We Have More For You..
The following two tabs change content below.
CEO & Social Media Marketing at ClassTalkers
Hi, im Peter T Stewart. i started doing Web Stuff out of sheer curiosity and the idea of making things easier for students and other people who crave information. now im doing it for the same reason. and i love it.
Latest posts by stewart (see all)
- POB SBA Sample – Government Regulations - January 14, 2015
- Very Helpful Guideline for POB SBA – Summary of POB Topics - January 9, 2015
- Geography SBA Sample Outline - November 28, 2014