Updated July 14 2014<===
Advantages and disadvantages of thermal printers
First of all, we have to know what thermal printers are. A thermal printer is a printer that uses heat to produce an image on paper. Nowadays many businesses are using thermal printing for their transactions including airline tickets, banking, entertainment, grocery, retail shops and healthcare. It has increased popularity because of its graphic capabilities, quality of print, speed and technological advances.
There are many advantages in using a thermal printer such as costs, printing speed, efficiency, quality of print and mobility. For cost, the thermal printer is very economical since it is inkless. It does not use any ribbons or cartridges, so it means that companies can save a lot of money and avoid unnecessary expenses on ribbon supplies. The only consumables for printing would be the paper itself. Organisations have benefited from
this technology because it is cost-effective and at the same time a reliable choice. Employees can now work continuously and avoid interruptions during their working hours since there is no need for them to change the ribbons or cartridges whenever the ink level becomes low. There is zero downtime in the operations which would maximize the working hours.The printing speed is one attribute that is always being considered and for thermal printers it is not a problem. Thermal printers print faster and more quietly. Labels are printed quickly with the use of thermal printers and it leaves a lasting impression on the customers being served.
Customer satisfaction is important in businesses and it significantly improves by using thermal printers.Efficiency is another advantage of a thermal printer because it ensures good quality printouts. Labels are more legible and provide a lasting output for it eliminates smudges which is evident for printed inks that may fade easily over time. Also, thermal printing has shown that it can be weather resistant for it can last a long time even with extreme temperatures.Another feature of the thermal printer which makes them advantageous is mobility. They are lightweight and are easy to carry around and bring the thermal printer to different locations. They do not consume a lot of space at home or in the office and the good thing about them is that they are easy to use and operate.
Some additional direct thermal label advantages include the following:
- No issues with ribbons wrinkling when printing
- Less physical inventory to store
- Eliminates issue of ordering/using wrong label and ribbon sizes
- Direct Thermal Printers don’t need capacity for ribbons so they are more compact
There are a couple disadvantages to consider when using direct thermal labels.
- Labels cannot withstand long exposure to sunlight or extreme heat. Leave a gas station receipt on your dashboard and you will see it fade from the exposure. These receipts use similar direct thermal technology.
- Even without sun exposure, the labels will fade over long periods of time. For labeling boxes kept in inventory for years, direct thermal is not the best choice.
- Print speeds tend be slower.
- Depending on the market environment, direct thermal labels can cost a little more than thermal transfer labels with ribbons.
- Putting acrylic adhesive tape over a direct thermal label will cause the label to fade.
higher cost of the acquisition of such printers, are much more limited in terms of using it (the format, print size) but if you use it in order to to make money with(I mean the fact of working on something in a field not printing money) it is great; bring substantial income. where everything is, to distribute what you produce. just ,good luck !
So the next time you’re looking for a printer, make sure to consider thermal printers to save money and maximize time.
We Have More For You..
Latest posts by stewart (see all)
- HEALTH – How to make a soursop (Graviola) leaf tea - July 8, 2014
- Example of Cover Crop – What is Cover Crop - June 17, 2014
- Benefits of cooked or raw beets - May 13, 2014