Cultural practices associated with crop production
- Moulding – gathering soil around the plant to avoid soil erosion, and for proper aeration.
- Mulching – the placing of dry grass, cardboard or plastic to keep soil moist and prevent soil erosion.
- Staking – a stick is placed besides a plant to prevent it from bending or fruit from touching the ground.
- Weeding – the removal of unwanted plants. (Weeds compete for nutrients)
- Pruning – the removal of branches of the center and end of plant to allow sunlight.
- Irrigation – the watering of the plant for growth and development.
- Fertilizing – adding nutrients to the soil.
- (The placing of organic or chemical manure to the soil to improve nutrients)
We Have More For You..
The following two tabs change content below.
CEO & Social Media Marketing at ClassTalkers
Hi, im Peter T Stewart. i started doing Web Stuff out of sheer curiosity and the idea of making things easier for students and other people who crave information. now im doing it for the same reason. and i love it.
Latest posts by stewart (see all)
- Ways to Reduce Abortion in my Community - February 20, 2015
- POB SBA Sample – Government Regulations - January 14, 2015
- Very Helpful Guideline for POB SBA – Summary of POB Topics - January 9, 2015