Cultural practices associated with crop production
- Moulding – gathering soil around the plant to avoid soil erosion, and for proper aeration.
- Mulching – the placing of dry grass, cardboard or plastic to keep soil moist and prevent soil erosion.
- Staking – a stick is placed besides a plant to prevent it from bending or fruit from touching the ground.
- Weeding – the removal of unwanted plants. (Weeds compete for nutrients)
- Pruning – the removal of branches of the center and end of plant to allow sunlight.
- Irrigation – the watering of the plant for growth and development.
- Fertilizing – adding nutrients to the soil.
- (The placing of organic or chemical manure to the soil to improve nutrients)