Common Diseases in Poultry
- NEW CASTLE DISEASE (Virus)
- Loss of appetite
- Respiration distress
- Coughing & Sneezing
- Green diarrhea and mucus from eyes and nostrils
- **Paralysis in LAYERS there’ll be a rapid decline in egg production**
- Vaccination at 10-14 day will prevent an out break.
The vaccination is usually mixed with water and a drop of mixture, is place in the eye.
- SINA THE AGENT:
- Good sanitary measures can also prevent the spread.
- (NONE) all affected birds should be buried or burnt.
- There is NO CURE for this disease.
- FOWL POX (Virus)
- Pox appears all over body, visible on skin and comb on the head and un feathered parts.
- Loss of appetite in layers
- Drop in egg production
Control: Vaccination at 10-14 day will prevent this disease.
- IT IS GIVEN IN THE WING.
(how to cure pox viruses in chickens)